How to Paint Furniture: A Beginner’s Guide
About the Tutorial
Ok, so let’s get down to business.
- Murphy’s Oil Soap
- Medium Grit Sandpaper
- Fine Grit Sandpaper
- Tack Cloth
- Foam Roller
- Paint Sprayer (Optional)
HOW TO PAINT FURNITURE
Step 1: Prep, prep, prep!
Step 2: Sand
Step 3: Prime
Step 4: Sand Again
Step 5: Paint
Step 6: Protect
Paint has an amazing power to transform any piece. Here are a few pieces that I’ve painted:
Here is my tutorial in video form on my new YouTube channel!:
You Might Also Like:
- How to Strip Paint off Furniture
- How to Stain Furniture
- How to Tell if Wood Furniture is Real or Fake
- How to Paint a Striped Wall
- The Best Paintbrushes for a Smooth Finish
- My Favorite Painting Tips & Tricks
Feel free to explore my Project Gallery here.
Questions? Comments? Let me know! I love hearing from you.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.