I recently mentioned that I had been planning our quarterly meeting for our Atlanta Home and DIY Bloggers’ Group. Well, we had our meeting last weekend (yes, the same weekend that we moved into our new home!) and we had an amazing turnout. I think I counted around 52 people which is definitely the biggest group we’ve ever had at a meetup. Our meeting was held at City Antiques and Interiors in Roswell, GA, and I have to give a major shout-out to the owner, Lisa. She went above and beyond and was so kind to open her doors to us. Thanks also to Jill of Weathered Pieces for setting up our location for us.
Our guest speaker was Christina Wedge, a photographer here in Atlanta who specializes in interior and lifestyle photography. Her work has been featured in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles, HGTV, Atlanta Magazine and Jezebel Magazine. You can check her out at www.ChristinaWedge.com — she is amazingly talented, and I can’t wait to tag along with her on a shoot very soon. She shared a wonderful presentation full of great photography tips that our members can apply to our blogs and hopefully improve our photos. I definitely learned a lot, and I think the rest of the group did too.
We had a wonderful group of sponsors for this meeting, and I want to say thank you so much to all of them. They each contributed product for our swag bags and/or prizes for our raffle.
Here I am at the prize table waiting for our members to arrive.
Thank you to:
- RYOBI (They contributed swag as well as 2 Drill & Driver kits and an Ultimate Combo Kit as prizes.)
- Rust-Oleum (Chalkboard Paint for our swag bags.)
- HomeRight (Handy Painter’s Tools for our swag bags and a Steam Machine as a prize.)
- Minwax (A Tool Kit full of stains and finishes as a prize.)
- Mohawk Flooring (Adorable dog bone shaped rugs as swag for everyone.)
- Command Brand (Command Hooks for our swag bags.)
- Scotch Brand (Scotch Expressions Tape and Washi Tape for swag bags.)
- Copper River Bag Company ($100 Gift Certificate as a prize.)
Here’s a shot of our swag bag:
And here is my dog Indy enjoying her dog bone rug from Mohawk Flooring.
Also a big thank you to Erica from Spoonful of Imagination for making cute magnets for everyone, and for contributing her February Spoonful Tribe craft box for the raffle; and to Christine from Let’s Get Crafty for raffling off one of her adorable Blog Planners from her Etsy shop, GetCrafty4ACause.
The Atlanta Bloggers group has been such a blessing to me, and I’ve met so many great friends who share the same interests and passions as me. I look forward to many more fun meetups in the future!
You can also connect with me here: