We’re still surrounded by boxes, but luckily most of them are empty now. (Yay!) I’ve done a lot of unpacking, but there is still plenty that needs to be organized and put away. I spent a lot of time this past weekend putting our master bedroom together, so I thought I’d share the progress with you today. Luckily since I had just finished making over our bedroom at the old house (you can see that here), I didn’t have to start from scratch. I had to tweak the layout a bit since our new room is more square, and our old room was rectangular and had a sitting area. We still need window treatments and we haven’t hung anything on the walls, but that will all come soon.
Here is what the room looked like before we moved in — a blank slate.
Here’s where we are now. It should all look pretty familiar.
As you can see, all of our wall art is stacked in piles on the dresser and the mirror is just propped up against the wall.
Ignore those bedside tables. Those are temporary.
Plans for this room:
- I’ve ordered some plain white curtain panels from IKEA which I’ll probably dress up in some way, and I’m hoping to eventually get some roman shades too.
- I’d love to build new bedside tables. The ones we have now are just “stand-ins” for what will eventually go in their place.
- I need to figure out what to hang above the bed, and we need to hang art on the walls and hang the mirror above the dresser.
- I haven’t decided on the placement of the chairs yet. They were in the sitting area before, and I had originally planned on using them in the living room/office but they didn’t look right in there. Right now I’m just sort of moving them around and playing with them in different spots. Same with the jewelry armoire.
- I’d like to build a new headboard at some point.
- I’d love to do something fun in the closet, like maybe a pretty wall treatment or something. The door is usually always open, there’s a window with natural light and it’s large enough to do something in there, but of course that isn’t very high on the priority list. That’s more on the “maybe eventually just for fun” list.
As for the rest of the house, we currently have a construction crew here jack hammering the basement floor to install a drain, and knocking out a wall down there which they will be replacing with a cement wall in order to waterproof. I’ll explain more on that later. I also have a lot more “stuff” to put away, hang on walls, de-clutter, etc.
Can’t wait to share more photos as everything evolves! I hope you can keep up as I jump around from room to room and share random updates. In the meantime, what would you do to the closet walls? I feel like I have more freedom to do something adventurous since it’s just a closet. I’d love your ideas and advice! Let me know what you think in the comments section.
You can also connect with me here: