I’ve been working on our family room makeover for quite some time now, and while I wouldn’t call it completely “done,” it’s as done as it’s going to get for the time being. I still want to add some more art and find some pillows for the chairs in front of the fireplace, but I don’t want to keep you waiting any longer, so I’m just going to show you the room! I’m loving the shades of navy and indigo. I’ll share a source list at the end of this post, but I’ll be popping back in within the next week or two with more source information and elaborating on different aspects of the space. For now, here are some photos. (This post contains affiliate links.)
Just to remind you, here is what the room looked like when we moved in.
And then I whitewashed the fireplace and decorated it some.
And then I came up with a design plan and shared this moodboard.
And here is the room now. Also, I should add that some of these were shot totally in the spur of the moment so ignore the fact that the coffee table is bare. I feel like that earns me an automatic spot in the “bad bloggers” club!
I painted the fireplace (again), painted the mantel, got a new coffee table, scored a Craigslist credenza for the TV, added some new chairs, made curtains, added some art, a new rug, and rearranged the shelves. I will share many more details soon!
(Affiliate links included as well as sponsored products.)
- Art above the mantel, Minted (More info coming soon)
- Feather art (found at a boutique called Moxie Mercantile in Charlotte, NC) and framed by Framebridge. (Use promo code DIY15 for 15% off your first purchase!)
- Wishbone Chairs (Re-covered in indigo shibori fabric.)
- Fabric for chairs and curtains from Spoonflower (details here)
- Coffee Table from Wayfair
- Chairs in front of fireplace
- Sofa and Armchair from Bassett several years ago
- Wallpaper on back of bookshelves
- Rug provided by Rugs USA
- Mid-Century Credenza via Craigslist
- Throw pillow on chair from TJ Maxx
- Throw pillows on sofa from HomeGoods
- Table Lamp from Target
- Floor Lamp via Craigslist
- Garden Stool provided by Hayneedle
- Brass & Quartz side table from HomeGoods
- Mid-Century end table from EBTH.com
- Throw blanket on chair from TJ Maxx
- Fireplace makeover
SHOP THIS ROOM:
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Disclosure: I received free products for this room makeover. All opinions are my own.
You can also connect with me here: