Periodically I like to write a random post where I basically just pour all of the ideas that are inside my head out into the blogosphere with hopes that it will motivate me to actually bring those ideas to fruition. Today is one of those days, plus I’ll share a few general updates with you.
First of all, I’ve accomplished a whole lot (of nothing) lately, thanks to a nasty sinus infection that thwarted our travel plans a couple weeks ago. We had plans to head to Alabama to celebrate my husband’s grandmother’s birthday, but I was forced to stay home in order to avoid passing my nasty disease germs to others. This of course has also prevented me from getting any projects done lately. It didn’t prevent me from adding about a million items to my “to do” list though! I started to feel better last week, just in time to celebrate my
31st third annual 29th birthday with a trip to my in-laws’ house and a nice date night with the hubs.
We also took our boys to the Carolina Raptor Center just outside of Charlotte, and they were completely fascinated. Thanks to the movie Rio, the boys have a massive obsession with birds of all kinds. The Raptor Center is awesome because they rehabilitate injured birds and release them back into the wild, but the ones unfit for the wild will have the Raptor Center as their “forever home.” The boys watched in awe as they saw raptors like Great Horned Owls, Red-Tailed Hawks, Barn Owls, and Golden Eagles up close and personal.
Of course, there was far too much walking involved for Jake’s liking. Daddy to the rescue!
Why yes, that is an amputated raptor talon of some sort that my child happens to be holding. It’s all in the name of education, people.
I loved the Barn Owl, and of course the Bald Eagles were very cool too.
So that’s what we’ve been up to. Jake, my youngest, started preschool this week so things have been a little hectic as we adjust, but I think I will do just fine having a few kid-free hours to work on projects during the week. Speaking of which, let’s talk plans. Here’s what’s on my agenda for the foreseeable future:
- Transform our garage from its current state which admittedly resembles an episode of Hoarders, into a cool glam DIY workshop. Bonus points if we can actually park a car or two inside it when I’m done.
- Build a side table for a charity-related project which I will share with you soon!
- Build nighstands for our bedroom or score some while thrifting.
- Take photos and finally blog about our master bedroom makeover.
- Find some thrifted chairs to make over to replace the ripped/stained/old ones in the family room.
- Find a new desk chair to make over so I no longer need a trip to the chiropractor every time I sit at my computer.
My list is actually a lot longer than that, but I think for now that’ll do.
What’s on your “to do” list right now? (Please tell me your garage looks like Hoarders too.)
You can also connect with me here: